Get a Skills Certificate

A CARICOM National who wishes to seek work in another Member State as a wage earner must apply for and obtain a CARICOM Certificate of Recognition of Skills Qualification (CARICOM Skills Certificate) from the designated Minister in either his/her home country, or from the host country.

The procedure to obtain a Skills Certificate is detailed in the domestic laws of Member States, which were enacted with the specific purpose of implementing the Free Movement of Skills. These laws are generally known as the Caribbean Community Skilled Nationals Acts.

This Certificate will provide Immigration Officials with proof that the person who is seeking to enter another Member State belongs to the approved categories.